Hi beauties! Today i’m back for a recipe specially for Holi which is comping soon! (I’m too exited). This recipe is the first one I mastered because it is simplest recipe of ladoo. You only need 3 to 4 ingredients without any cooking.
For those who don’t know what are Laddu or laddoo. They are ball-shaped sweets popular in India or other countries such as: Mauritius. You can find many different forms of laddoo : besan laddoo ( made from chickpea flour), coconut laddoo and many more. In fact, every region in India has a variety of its own.
They are served for festive or religious occasions.
For 40 laddoos you will need:
500 g of grated coconut
300ml condensed milk
1 tsp of cardamom powder
7 small bowls (for each colour)
1 big bowl
A mixing tool
- Start by putting you grated coconut and your cardamom powder into a big bowl
- Add your condensed milk little by little while mixing
- Mix well until all the ingredients are making an homogeneous paste.
As I find the recipe too simple I like to add food colouring to make different colours.
- Into each bowl make the colours :
- Yellow : 3 drops of yellow
- Red : 3 drops of red
- Blue : 3 drops of blue
- Purple : 2 drops of red, 1 of Blue
- Green : 1 drop of yellow, 2 drops of blue ( or green food colouring)
- Chocolate : Honestly I don’t remember how I did this one ahahha
- White : No food colouring
- After making all your colours, separate into 7 your paste.
- Mix each paste with the colour.
- Finally, make little balls with your hands
Tadaaam you are done!